The operator of the nation’s largest fuel pipeline confirmed it paid $4.4 million to a gang of hackers who broke into its computer systems. Colonial Pipeline said Wednesday that after it learned of the May 7 ransomware attack, the company took its pipeline system offline and needed to do everything in its power to restart it quickly and safely, and made the decision then to pay the ransom.
Colonial Pipeline paid ransom to hackers
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work