The Virginia General Assembly has passed a bill making balloon releases illegal. State and wildlife officials say balloon releases can cause hazards to the environment. Countless deflated and tangled balloons often ending up strangling wildlife and littering beaches and waterways. Anyone 16 or older can no longer release a balloon into the air in Virginia, or encourage children to do so. Violators could get fined $25 dollars per balloon.
Virginia has a new law regarding balloons
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners