The Virginia General Assembly has passed a bill making balloon releases illegal. State and wildlife officials say balloon releases can cause hazards to the environment. Countless deflated and tangled balloons often ending up strangling wildlife and littering beaches and waterways. Anyone 16 or older can no longer release a balloon into the air in Virginia, or encourage children to do so. Violators could get fined $25 dollars per balloon.
Virginia has a new law regarding balloons
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work