The minimum wage in Virginia is set to rise from $7.25 to $9.50 today, Saturday, May 1, 2021. It’s the first change since 2009. This pay scale change comes as businesses struggle to fill open jobs.
Minimum wage rises today
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work