The minimum wage in Virginia is set to rise from $7.25 to $9.50 today, Saturday, May 1, 2021. It’s the first change since 2009. This pay scale change comes as businesses struggle to fill open jobs.
Minimum wage rises today
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners