Martinsville officials, business owners and residents gathered in Uptown Martinsville Friday morning to celebrate Arbor Day and to dedicate two trees in front of Martin Plaza in memory of the late Fred Martin and his son Freddie, who died unexpectedly four months ago. Fred Martin was a successful businessman who invested heavily in property, particularly in the Uptown area. He died in 2018. His son Freddie Martin worked full time with the family business and died suddenly in December 2020.
Arbor Day celebrated in Uptown Martinsville
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work