Martinsville officials, business owners and residents gathered in Uptown Martinsville Friday morning to celebrate Arbor Day and to dedicate two trees in front of Martin Plaza in memory of the late Fred Martin and his son Freddie, who died unexpectedly four months ago. Fred Martin was a successful businessman who invested heavily in property, particularly in the Uptown area. He died in 2018. His son Freddie Martin worked full time with the family business and died suddenly in December 2020.
Arbor Day celebrated in Uptown Martinsville
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners