Several Virginians have already started planting the gardens, and now the National Weather Service officially started the growing season yesterday. This means that now counties east of the Blue Ridge – if the temperatures get too cool, will begin to hear about frost and freeze warnings to notify growers of cooler temperatures that may cause damage to plants and gardens.
Growing season has begun
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work