A fundraiser for Xander Wilson is set for May 16 at the Bassett Moose Lodge. Wilson is a Bassett High School senior who is undergoing chemotherapy treatments for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and his family needs help with medical expenses and the costs of travel, food, and lodging to be with him. Doors open at 1 p.m., for a painting class taught by Wilson’s grandmother for a $25 donation. To register, call 276-806-9683. To donate items for the auction, call 276-224-0375.
Fundraiser planned for Bassett student
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work