A race car driver died after a medical emergency Sunday at Franklin County Speedway. Crews responded to the track around 4 p.m. and the patient was airlifted to Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital where he later died. According to Franklin County Public Safety Director Billy Ferguson, the driver was not involved in a race-involved incident. The Franklin County Speedway was hosting the Commonwealth Carolina Clash on Sunday.
Driver at Franklin County Speedway dies
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work