A race car driver died after a medical emergency Sunday at Franklin County Speedway. Crews responded to the track around 4 p.m. and the patient was airlifted to Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital where he later died. According to Franklin County Public Safety Director Billy Ferguson, the driver was not involved in a race-involved incident. The Franklin County Speedway was hosting the Commonwealth Carolina Clash on Sunday.
Driver at Franklin County Speedway dies
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners