Henry County’s first distillery opened this weekend. Smith River Spirits opened its doors at 1317 Eggleston Falls Road in Ridgeway and distills a variety of brandy products including a traditional wine brandy aged in charred white oak barrels. The company will make wine brandy and a line of apple brandy products called Apple Black. The distillery’s co-founders are Master Distiller Kevin Nelson and Patrick County attorney Alan Black.
First distillery in Henry County opens
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Martinsville nurse wins The DAISY award
- Three injured in crash involving motorcycle
- Four rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continueFour rescued, three located deceased and two still missing as Dan River search and rescue efforts continue
- Virginia State Police seeking public’s help locating driver of vehicle
- Governor incentivizes people to go back to work