Henry County’s first distillery opened this weekend. Smith River Spirits opened its doors at 1317 Eggleston Falls Road in Ridgeway and distills a variety of brandy products including a traditional wine brandy aged in charred white oak barrels. The company will make wine brandy and a line of apple brandy products called Apple Black. The distillery’s co-founders are Master Distiller Kevin Nelson and Patrick County attorney Alan Black.
First distillery in Henry County opens
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners