Jonathon Scott Grubb of Ridgeway, scheduled for a 2-day jury trial this week, reached a plea on the day before what would have been the first jury case in Henry County Circuit Court since the pandemic began. Grubb was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery of a child younger than 13 years old in incidents on Jan. 1 and July 1, 2017. Grubb was sentenced to 40 years in prison and suspended 39 years, 11 months and 18 days, which means the 12 days Grubb spent in jail before he was granted bail is all the time he will serve if he maintains the requirements of his probation, which will run for 99 years.
Ridgeway man serves 12 days for child sex charges
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reversion is now a done deal
- Half the gas stations in Virginia without gas, President says culprits live in Russia
- CDC eases mask rules, VDH announces vaccination for 12-15 year-olds
- Martinsville, Henry County to receive over $12 million in federal recovery money
- Youngkin, Sears, and Miyares are GOP winners